CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Star Struck

When I was out getting sponsors for all of the Golf Tournament I'm launching, I met up with athe manager of Chandler Harkins. (He and a friend in our ward have created "Locker 13" which is a series of short films. They are soon to release one, Staring Ricky Schroeder). He gave me a pass to go see a movie that has not been released at the Phoenix Film Festival. David and I went last year with his group. It is fun seeing movies and seeing all of the aspiring people trying to get into the filming industry. Many actors like doing independent movies because there is more freedom to do a film that they want to do, less pressure, They may read a script that maybe a non-famous person sends in and they agree to do it.Anyway, David and I went to "Love and Dancing," which will be released in May 2009. The theature was packed and before the show started two of the writers, producers and actors of the show introduced themselves, and sat in the audience. I didn't recognize them. They were wearing hats to protect their identity? It was a great movie and how cool was it that they were in the audience! Well, afterwards, we were invited to come back and listen to their question and answer session for the aspiring hopefulls.
I was star struck!!! Just like Lucille Ball, in an episode of "I Love Lucy," I had to get closer. His co-star in this movie is Billy Zane, who has been in over 75 movies and tv shows. He was even in Back to the Future. I know him most from his leading role in Titanic, as the mean fiance, Caledon Hockley, of Rose! I sat in the front row and took tons of photos. Then afterwards, asked a manager if I could take a photo with him. They said he was done with photos. Knowing how well I take no for an answer, I gave David the camera and we followed him and I asked him for a picture and he agreed! Here it is!


I put my arm around his waist and he put his arm around mine, and here's our picture!

Billy Zane talking to the audience about how to get started
He was so casual, and funny, and never mentioned any of his many lead roles in movies


Tim Malloy wrote the script for "Love and Dancing"
He has been in tv series, but this is his first big movie


He played an awesome role as a swing dance instructor.
He can really dance. If you like "Dancing with the Stars" you will love this movie.


In this movie he was playing a casual, goofy, cute, guy obsessed with his career,
who didn't want to spend time with his fiance.
In most of his movies, he the bad guy trying to kill someone,
or hunted for something. He is making several movies soon to be released.







2 comments:

3 Men & a Lady said...

That's awesome that you got to meet/take a pic with a STAR!!!! I'm glad you were persistent and did it! And that's great that Amanda finally got her braces off! I bet she is SO relieved. :)

Widdison Warbler said...

I love Billy Zane!!! However; I don't remember him in Back to the Future. Who did he play? That was all about Michael J Fox at the time!