CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Role


Matthew has mowed our lawn for five years without pay! Some may think it is cruel, not to pay a child to do chores. After seeing programs about chores, and copying David's sister's family's patterns, David and I decided not to pay for chores. He has hardly missed a Saturday, and has even learned how to edge and trim, which is awesome, too. We give him money for things that he needs and wants, so he is not deprived. Several Saturday's ago, I heard him telling Zachary, that he needs how to learn how to mow the grass really soon, since it will be his turn. Matthew will be leaving in a few years, and here he is showing Zachary how to mow the grass, how awesome is this!!! I appreciate him teaching his younger brother responsiblity. Zachary actually enjoyed pushing the lawn mower.

4 comments:

Amy O'Neill said...

That is great that he is teaching Zachary! I agree with that idea about chores.

Hey you left a bag with your chicken salad recipe and can opener at the church... I will get it to you next time we are out that way.

spice2116 said...

mowing the lawn is actually my favorite chore!! so cool

3 Men & a Lady said...

What a good big bro! I think it's a great way to teach responsibility too. Hope you guys are doing well!

mother of seven said...

you go girl!!!